Tuesday, May 15, 2012

two new scrolls

Well, I am actually proud of myself for remembering to take pictures of the last two scrolls I made. The first one was made for a friend of mine who is seriously into music. I chose to make an antiphone with a puzzle letter for the capital. After I had begun this one, I was given the assignment for the other one. The second was also for a good friend of mine. I chose to do both of them simultaneously. The only thing I did not like about that is that I did not spend the time to write an actual song for the first one. The music was just random notes. She, of course, immediately tried to play it. Parts are playable, but part aren't. What I mean by playable is that they sound ok. The rest of it just sounds like a string of random notes. Mind you, some of the modern music kind of sounds that way too, but I was not going for modern music anyway.
The second scroll was filled with specific requests. Years ago when the recipient of this scroll saw a picture of a nun picking penises off a phallus tree, he asked me to put that image in any scroll I ever made for him. Therefore, in it went.
This one is a tygre combatant, given to members of the East Kingdom of the SCa who show prowess in fighting heavy arms competition. He is also the man who asked me to be his consort in Crown Tourney. That means that if he ever wins I will be Princess to his Prince. He is a very good friend of mine while his wife is one of my apprentices. altogether, I wanted to make a scroll he would be glad to hang on his wall. These are scrolls # 39 and #40 for the A&S 50 challenge.



No comments: